Internet ledger of truth
Updated August 24, 2023
Blockchain technology provides us with new tools for verification and storing of data. Blockchains have been battle tested for years now, as a database for coin transfers. We
can submit any data to blockchains, not only coin transfers. At Proofivy we use this technology to create an authentication layer for digital data.
We provide software to media, research and other companies.
- Software to calculate digital signatures or hashes of data locally
- A service to submit digital signatures or hashes to the blockchain
- Tooling to verify if data matches a digital signature or hash
- Timestamped proof of existence of digital data validated date and time when submitting to Proofivy
- Immutable digital signature digital signatures on the blockchain cannot be altered or deleted
- Unique identities users can commit to Proofivy using unique identities for improved IP protection
- Trustless and decentral verification system anyone can verify digital signatures without the need to trust an intermediary
Use case example: Lab for Germinal Center Biology, Utrecht University
“Proofivy is an innovative solution that addresses the critical issue of data integrity, providing us with the means to safeguard our information and establish verifiable proof of its creation and ownership. Proofivy's key feature is enabling researchers to commit data hashes to the immutable and timestamped blockchain, providing irrefutable proof of authenticity. It safeguards our work, prevents manipulation or plagiarism, and resolves disputes over authorship or research accuracy. Furthermore, Proofivy promotes collaboration by allowing the registration of the conception of our ideas without revealing their content. This feature greatly enhances freedom in sharing ideas, fostering a more collaborative research environment. In summary, Proofivy revolutionizes our approach to data integrity by leveraging the immutability and timestamping capabilities of the blockchain. It empowers us to establish the authenticity of our data, even before sharing it with others. This groundbreaking solution opens up new possibilities for researchers and individuals, providing them with a reliable means to protect and validate their valuable information.”
Proofivy can be used by researchers, journalists, lawyers, artists, software developers, anyone working with digital data.